Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children

Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children
What could be better than an Ethiopian welcome, FOVC style?

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

She Loves to Read + Home Study

Meelsie loves-loves-loves to read books!

Given how she likes to spread out, I wonder how her bedside table will look someday? (For a hint, you might want to look at her Dad's and Mom's bedside tables....)

***************************************************************

Our big, long homestudy visit is today! We needed just one--ONE!--decent photo of our whole family together. It was a monumental effort to get us all:
  • in the house at the same time;
  • awake at the same time (although it's pretty obvious Amelia is ready for bed);
  • fully dressed at the same time;
  • ...we gave up on getting everyone to smile at the same time!
Here are the results of our efforts...not aided, I'm sure, by the fact that our real camera is being repaired, so these are phone camera pics.








Aughghgh!! Given our difficulties in taking a simple family photo, can you believe "they're" going to let us adopt again?

4 comments:

Steph and Evan Griffith said...

Hi Lory,
She is getting so big! Congratulations on your new adoption!

Steph

michelle said...

Hi Lory,

They say children are made readers on the laps of their parents. I love that saying! I put a "library" in the basement and had to have more shelves made to accommodate all of my books! Love all the hair : )

Anderson Crew said...

How fun! I feel your pain on a family photo! If our family gets much larger we might have to have an all girl pic and an all boy pic :)
We are still looking at taking on the adoption world one more time after we get settled with this newest Anderson baby and our boys are more at home-at home :)
Thanks for the blogspot comments and encouragement. You have a beautiful family.

The Andersons said...

Lori - I'm so absolutely thrilled for you guys. Ethiopia is still so fresh on my heart, I just tear up every time I think about another child at Sele Enat going home. Your family photos are so great. May they be an inspiration for MANY to open their homes to one (or two :)) more!

My family is all in Colorado so I hope we can meet all the IAN Colorado families next time we are home!