Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children

Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children
What could be better than an Ethiopian welcome, FOVC style?

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

We. Are. Outta. Here.

Hi Everyone,

It looks like we will all make it out....except our two KC team members will be a day late. :-( This is a tremendous disappointment, but we are thankful they can make it at all!

Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts while we are away:
  • That Team Tasfa will be unified and flexible;
  • That we will accomplish all that God asks us to do;
  • That we will bring great glory to Him;
  • That our team members will be changed forever;
  • And finally, that we will deliver hope, love and lasting change to the dear people we will serve.
Our friends, family and communities have rallied around this grass-roots effort that is TEAM TASFA. I could tell story after story after story about all the ways people have helped and encouraged each of us. So many people have done so much....not for us....but for the people of Shanto, the children of FOVC, and Children's Heaven, and Korah.

Am I scared? Terrified! Do I struggle with leaving my kiddos? Absolutely. May I press resolutely ahead, in response to this call and opportunity. Amen!

"The One who is calling us is faithful, and He will do it."
1 Thes. 5:24

1 comment:

Lory Howlett said...

Hey Mom,
F.Y.I. this is Abby. Hopefully Grammy and I will have a wonderful time while you are gone. I think I will miss you the most and I start crying when I think about you and Dad and Allison. Please have a life changing time and always keep me updated. I will be strongly praying for you while you are out there and I will also be praying that you have safe air traveling as well.
Love,

Abby<3