Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children

Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children
What could be better than an Ethiopian welcome, FOVC style?

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Plan

Today's appointment at Children's Hospital went fine. I will schedule an x-ray (upper GI, barium swallow) for the next week or so. If that doesn't find anything, Amelia will need to have an endoscopy. If that doesn't find anything, then I guess we go with the "it's an incredibly bad case of reflux" theory and hope she starts to outgrow it.

In the meantime, we'll stick with frequent small feedings, and increase the formula-to-water ratio in order to give Meels a few more calories.

Did you notice the fade-to-fall look on the blog? Now that school has started, summer is as good as gone. So let's get on with the next season!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Lory,
I've been out of the loop and didn't know Amelia was so sick. I'm so sorry. I hope she takes to your new plan well...thinking of you all.

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry Amelia has been so sick, poor little thing nad poor parents! A "cure" sure would be nice, wouldn't it? I hope she shows improvement and doesn't need the endoscopy!

Derek and Betsy said...

I noticed the change in colors and thought my computer was wigging out! Glad to know you changed the colors. I like it! Bring on Fall!

DW