Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children

Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children
What could be better than an Ethiopian welcome, FOVC style?

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thankful and Community.

I found myself getting more and more sick late last week. Saw a doctor Saturday afternoon. Went to Urgent Care for an anti-nausea shot Saturday evening. Went to the local E.R. late that same night. Doctors couldn't decided whether to send me home or keep me. I knew something was really wrong and I was afraid to go home.

After some tests, it turned out I had an intestinal blockage. The pain was legit!

Transferred by ambulance to a different hospital for surgery. This is my second middle-on-the-night, unplanned surgery in less than six months!

So, after several days in a couple of facilities, I am home, and resting, (un)comfortably.

Thankful and Community.

Dave had a can't-miss work trip today. But, thankfully, my mom flew in to save us all. Thankfully, friends have sent flowers and are bringing meals. And checking on us. Generally making me, all of us, feel loved and thankful.

Thank God for our community....not just our town, but the people we know, the ones with whom we do our day-to-day life.

I guess it would have been more fun to have gotten, um, something augmented and maybe something else tucked.

But I'll take my community, and I'll be thankful.

In about 80 days, Team Tasfa will travel to join the community in Shanto, Ethiopia. Can't wait to experience the community, and the thankfulness, that we will all absorb and process together in Ethiopia.

(And now I'll take something to help me sleep, followed by a pain pill chaser!)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

So glad you are home and recovering! Much love to you!