Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children

Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children
What could be better than an Ethiopian welcome, FOVC style?

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Weep with us

I saw this video on Jill's blog. I hope you will take the time to watch it.



I was holding Amelia as I clicked on it and started to watch. I guess the drums at the beginning caught her attention, because she turned her head to watch with me.

I know this sounds perhaps overly dramatic, and maybe even not believable, but here is what happened:

As the video played, and as it came to the part where the sick children were laying in the dirt, and then crying....Amelia's little lower lip puckered out further and further, and her eyes well up, and little tears ran down her cheeks. She watched, transfixed, for a few more seconds.

Then she turned her head and snuggled in to me.

If you read our blog, you know Amelia just turned one on January 11.

I don't know what this means, how my baby can be in tune with suffering....but mostly, how this kind of suffering can happen in various places around the world, to children, when we serve a Good God who loves these kids, and there are good people who are willing to help.... I have no words.

Father, what is to be our role?

1 comment:

Paula said...

I have no words. Thanks for sharing this.