Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children

Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children
What could be better than an Ethiopian welcome, FOVC style?

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Court date in Ethiopia is TOMORROW!

We have a court date tomorrow, June 4. Our first court date was on May 15....but it didn't exactly "happen," because the governmental ministry in Ethiopia hadn't completed one of the forms. Grrrr!

So we pray that we will pass tomorrow. (I will write a bit about the process soon.)

Our hopes are high enough that we are beginning to plan our travel. Dave and I and the big girls and my mom (Grammy) are all going. Additionally, we will get Amelia when we arrive. Well be a big group, which means we'll need two hotel rooms. We know my mom can help out if Dave and I need to do things that would be too tiring or stressful for the girls. Also, with Abby's bad asthma, we feel better about having another adult with us.

Our current travel plan involves going to Rome for a few days before heading over to Ethiopia. (Dave says we're "in the neighborhood," and he has always wanted to share Rome with us.) I know I'll be soooooo eager to get to Addis and see Amelia. But he's right: how often are we all on that side of the world?

3 comments:

Leah Reeves said...

I am glad you have a blog and excited for you about your court date. I cannot wait to hear more.

Lisa said...

I too am glad you started a blog. Here's to passing court. Yes, I too would go to Rome. I wonder if MY David and I should discuss that too?

Shawn said...

Any news??? Call me when you hear. We're thinking happy pass court date thoughts for you today :)