It's also our wedding anniversary today. Seventeen years! Dave and I are sitting at a coffee shop right now, comparing "then" and "now."
- We were thin. Dave had some hair.
- We were young. We were naive. We were untested. We were clueless.
- We assumed life would be perfect: 2.3 kids. Golden retriever. Picket fence.
- One of us isn't thin. But one of us still has hair!
- We're definitely not young. Nor are we naive or untested. (But we may still be clueless.)
- Alas, life hasn't been perfect! We have struggled. A lot. But this life has definitely been an adventure. Sometimes it has hurt. But much of the time it has been lovely.
Thanks for the adventure so far!
Happy Anniversary--I love you!